KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
This entry level role sits within our DDX. The DDX is our national Data and Delivery Excellence Centre for compliance work. The DDX involves standardised technology and processes; risk management, on-boarding, billing and quoting; and exploring data analytics and new technology.
By having a unified, standardised centre, we will be able to increase capacity and deliver more results to our clients. The DDX team will be experts in their fields, working to improve the value and impact of compliance work – keeping us relevant and ahead of the game.
- This role is part of our Engagement Coordination team and contributes to the DDX delivery of accurate and timely compliance services to the business. It is responsible for the administrative steps in the compliance support KPMG deliver to our clients.
- As a critical member of the team, you will play an important role in facilitating effective communication and assisting with the delivery of an efficient and accurate services.
- Training in our DDX processes and associated systems will be provided.
- Set up of clients within DDX processes & systems
- Preparation of draft engagement letters using existing templates
- Administer the on-boarding, engagement, data collection, approvals and billing processes.
- Risk management processes
- Correspondence and office document management
- Electronic file management
- Collating information for reports as required
- Other general tasks to fulfil the purpose of the position
- Previous administration experience advantageous
- Ability to multitask in multiple applications and agile to any changes
- Advanced knowledge in MS Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Outlook
- High level of confidentiality
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player with a friendly, professional manner
- Highly organised and efficient
- A high level of attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Proactive and assertive in terms of increasing the effectiveness of systems and processes
- Process focused, very detail oriented and able to follow systematic processes
- Be part of a close knit team, critical to supporting an operational and client facing team
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.