KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
The Consulting division of KPMG is a significant supplier of advisory and consulting services across New Zealand. Our consultants combine extensive knowledge of a wide variety of businesses and sectors to provide clients with a service which adds recognised value. Our service offering and client portfolio provides an exciting and challenging environment.
- This role is part of our Internal Audit Risk Compliance Services team and are responsible for the operational management of small engagements, and for assisting managers with larger engagements and team administration.
- The focus will primarily on the delivery of internal audit, while also demonstrating flexibility in working on other consulting projects as required.
- Assist with the planning of engagements
- Develop an understanding of clients businesses (e.g. issues they face, markets they operate in, key developments)
- Preparing reports and other client deliverables
- Researching solutions to overcome technical challenges and contractual ambiguities
- This is a client facing role and you will be expected to meet clients and work collaboratively with them to deliver our services
- You'll also help manage a portfolio of tasks concurrently and work well under pressure to tight deadlines
- Up to 1-3 years of relevant practical consulting or Internal Audit experience
- Technically proficient across internal audit and controls assurance
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and have the confidence to solve problems and to fill gaps in knowledge by questioning, collaborating with others and researching technical and contractual documentation
- Have a logical approach to planning and performing analysis tasks
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and focus on delivering high quality work
- Be a highly motivated team player with strong communication skills
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.