KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
KPMG's Deal Advisory practice advises clients considering or entering into transactions or complex arrangements with equity investors, financiers, partners and regulatory bodies. Our team combines deep industry knowledge with problem solving excellence to help meet the challenges of a complex and evolving business environment. Leveraging our firm wide expertise, deep sector knowledge, superior analytic tools and a global mindset, Deal Advisory helps its clients to achieve real results whether they’re buying, selling, funding, fixing or looking to partner.
- Our Deal Advisory team is growing and we're looking to build our data and analytics (D&A) capability, allowing the team to provide our clients with faster insights, using a range of visualisation techniques.
- Day to day, you'll focus on the delivery of data visualisation across a range of Deal Advisory engagements
- You understand how to tell a story with data, formatting key insights into reporting, sourcing and delivering data for assumption testing and analytical support
- You'll be comfortable working at pace with a high attention to detail across multiple projects at once
- You'll help with the development and support of D&A templates including maintaining D&A best practice within Deal Advisory
- Assist with identifying and articulating process improvements to aid our growth
- Identify and proactively respond to new business opportunities to provide added value to clients
- To be successful in this role, you'll have:
- A quantitative degree and/or equivalent experience e.g. Finance, Statistics, Econometrics, Business Analytics, Analytics, Mathematics
- Dashboarding and visualisation skills across Power BI or alternatives (including Tableau, Qlik)
- An ability to construct insights from complex data and concepts in a short timeframe
- Exposure to and experience of various analytical languages including VBA, DAX, M, R, SQL, SAS, Python etc.
- Strong Excel skills, and competency with Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- An interest in the way an organisation operates, and like using mathematical and analytical techniques to help it to develop better services, products, business practices and systems
- An ability to communicate complex data simply
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.