KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and is one of the world's leading professional services organisations. We provide audit, tax, and advisory services to private individuals, SMEs, multi-nationals, and Government agencies.
You know KPMG, but you might not know KPMG Enterprise! Work with those businesses that make up 97% of New Zealand’s economy – our Small Business Enterprises. Our business advisors in Enterprise help privately owned businesses reach their goals.
Our clients range from subsidiaries of international companies to privately owned New Zealand businesses. From family trusts and high net worth individuals, Government and local government entities, to retail/manufacturers/import distributors and personal investment portfolios.
- This Analyst position will be a member of a KPMG Enterprise team, the focus of this role will be on supporting the business strategy and performance improvement services we deliver to private businesses.
- We are a small team of dedicated specialists working with businesses making their most important decisions and we operate a diverse, fun and varied working environment
- You'll work largely with clients in the $5-20 million turnover range across a range of sectors
- Carrying out research and data collection to understand our clients and their industries
- Interviewing the client's employees, management team and other stakeholders
- Helping facilitate workshops with clients
- Conducting analysis to identify issues, form hypotheses and suggest solutions
- Preparing insightful presentations to communicate findings to clients and motivate change
- Administrative and project management support for the team
- Undergraduate degree or other appropriate tertiary qualifications in relevant subjects e.g., accounting, finance, or qualified by experience
- Ideally one – two years’ relevant work experience
- Demonstrate analytical skills, well-structured presentation writing skills and organisational skills
- Knowledge and experience applying strategic planning and structured thinking conceptual models
- Medium to advanced Excel financial modelling and/or quantitative analysis skills
- Proposal-writing experience
- Demonstrated commercial acumen
- A passion for helping our small businesses to grow
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.