KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
The Advisory division of KPMG is a significant supplier of advisory and consulting services to clients. Our advisors combine extensive knowledge of a wide variety of businesses and sectors to provide clients with a service which adds recognized value. Advisory provides an exciting and challenging environment which enables our global specialist knowledge to offer our clients a wide variety of service lines.
Deal Advisory is a multi-disciplinary team and individuals are expected to be able to work outside their core service area, across wider Deal Advisory streams both locally and nationally as workflows require. We may also work with our international colleagues on multi-jurisdictional work.
- Joining our Restructuring and Insolvency team will allow you to utlilise your strategic, commercial and financial skills to develop insights that assist our clients in making better decisions to protect and recover value.
- You'll get the opportunity to work and learn from the best in the insolvency industry.
- Interpret and analyse company information (financial statements, bank statements, management accounts etc.)
- Draft advice and correspondence based on analysis
- Liaise with key company stakeholders (directors, employees, creditors, debtors, banks)
- Interpret, research and apply relevant legislation
- Support negotiations on the sale of businesses and/or assets
- Assist with the planning of engagements through development of work programmes
- Develop an understanding of clients businesses (e.g. issues they face, markets they operate in, key developments)
- Develop appropriate links and networks within KPMG locally and nationally to build a peer support network
- Produce clear and well-presented documents and reports which will be delivered to clients as part of our work
- Up to 1-3 years of relevant practical insolvency experience or experience in accounting or law for a professional or government organisation
- A relevant tertiary qualification - a law degree is preferable
- Competence with the following software packages: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- An understanding of and interest in the commercial environment
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide meaningful support to senior team members on larger/complex assignments
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- A high level of professionalism
- Organisational skills and dependability
- A high level of self-motivation, energy and drive
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.