Heritage Hotel Management operate Heritage, CityLife and Heritage Collection Hotels within New Zealand. We are seeking an experienced Assistant Accountant for our hotels, based in Auckland.
At Heritage Hotels our focus is delivering The Heritage Experience (T.H.E) which under Guest Experience promises an exceptional and personalised experience every time a guest stays with us, focusing on sleep, eat, work and play. Our H.O.P.E. values are Honesty, Ownership, Passion and Empathy. These values define us as an organisation and are what we measure ourselves by. They are attributes that we look for in all of our employees.
You will be:
Supporting the Hotel Accountant with the day to day financial accounting and reporting processes, to ensure hotel operations are effective and efficient. You will provide accurate relevant and timely financial reports and advice including end of month processes, audits, budgets and body corporate matters. You'll use our accounting software to ensure all financial data is accurate and compliant with legislation. You'll also look after payroll for our hotel staff so experieince in payroll will be useful too. You will be part of a small finance team so must be self-motivated and a great communicator.
To succeed in this busy challenging role you will need:
- At least two years' experience in a similar assistant accountant role
- A formal qualification in an accounting topic is essential.
- Financial management skills, with an understanding of budgets and forecasting.
- High level of business communication (oral and written) skills with the ability to form excellent relationships with colleagues.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- IT savvy including accounting software.
- A proven ability in attention to detail and problem solving.
- Previous experience in a hotel accounting role will be highly advantageous.
Working with Heritage Hotels give you access to great benefits including free staff meals during shifts, discounted and complimentary hotel stays, opportunities for training, service recognition, a competitive salary and a great team culture where you become part of our family!