KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
At KPMG, we see sustainability as the coming together of environmental, social and economic sensibilities. Though simple in principle, the practice is often complex. KPMG’s broad base of internal expertise helps clients break through bottlenecks to craft practical solutions and create truly Sustainable Value for stakeholders through in-depth analysis, informed strategy, and integrated reporting.
- This senior role within our Sustainable Value team will work closely with colleagues to help organisations transition to the net-zero emissions, climate-resilient economy of New Zealand’s future.
- The Associate Director will help provide strategic and operational leadership and grow the firm’s climate change-related business by building relationships and promoting the services of KPMG as a whole.
- The primary focus of this role is the delivery of exceptionally high-quality climate change adaptation & resilience, climate-related financial disclosure (TCFD) and public policy advisory services
- The secondary focus will be business development (both domestic and international) and operational leadership, especially with regards to climate change adaptation & resilience
- Provide clear, timely, accurate advice, support and/or project management assistance to clients
- You'll develop national and international KPMG contacts in order to deliver quality services and contribute to growing service offerings of the Sustainable Value team
- Maintain deep knowledge of national and global climate change and climate-related financial issues, especially with regards to how they affect New Zealand and key New Zealand industries
- To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Tertiary level diploma or degree qualification
- 12+ years of relevant practical advisory experience
- Demonstrated ability in strategic business development and advisory services - relevant management consulting or Big 4 experience an advantage
- Demonstrated experience in social impact assessments, social impact management plans and mixed-method social research, including stakeholder engagement
- Excellent all-round knowledge and experience in climate change and sustainability, especially climate change scenarios and methodologies for adaptation planning/risk management
- Experience in public climate change policy an advantage
- Substantial experience working with national governments and local councils required
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.