KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and is passionate about providing the best audit, tax and advisory services to clients.
Our vision is that by 2020 we will be the clear choice employer for fuelling New Zealand’s prosperity, #1 or #2 in our key sectors and service proposition; relevant, dynamic and adaptable; a diverse and talented firm that reflects the diversity of New Zealand and work in One Firm teams. We are well on the path to meet this vision but need more people, just like you, to achieve it.
Our Internal Audit team is very much a part of this vision and has had significant growth over the last two years. We are a significant supplier of advisory and consulting services across New Zealand working with a wide variety of businesses and sectors to provide clients with a service, which adds recognised and lasting value. Our service offering and client portfolio provides an exciting and challenging environment and we are looking for talented individuals to join us.
- You will work with the Advisory leadership and the Internal Audit team to help develop and implement the strategic goals of the division and the service line including a lead role in managing and developing the Wellington internal audit service line.
- Your thinking should not be limited just to internal audit, we require you to identify opportunities for other Consulting service lines. A large focus of this role is successful business development in the Wellington market with the delivery of engagements a secondary focus.
- Identify and proactively respond to new business opportunities including cross functional opportunities to provide added value to clients
- Establish and maintain a recognised public profile in the NZ market, based on personal knowledge and experience
- Work with the leadership team to develop and operationalise divisional and service line strategy
- Manage engagements that are increasingly complex in nature with some multi-disciplinary elements
- Develop well reasoned solutions that recognise the constraints of client’s internal and external environments
- Contribute to the development and marketing of new products and services
- Identifying opportunities to improve analytical work methods and better manage risk
- Negotiate and deliver on client expectations with impact
- Manage a broad range of people (at different levels), from across service lines outside of their technical area of expertise
- 7+ years of relevant highly developed and applied advisory experience
- Long term experience and a proven track record in the overall management and leadership of staff both as a team and in terms of their technical work
- Demonstrated ability in business development including being able to market self and attract new clients to the firm
- Technically proficient in Internal Audit
- Strategic thinker
- Builds meaningful relationships with clients, staff and partners
- Previous people management experience
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.