Fixed term Business Analyst
- Gather, curate and analyse data to build a comprehensive picture of individual customers
- Enjoy a dynamic sector with infrastructure assets of national importance
- Challenging and exciting mahi for Aotearoa in a flexible work environment!
Work on a project to enable Relationship Managers to build key account plans. Present industry information in a manner that enables us to make informed decisions re risk and opportunity.
If the energy opportunities facing New Zealand are to be realised, it will require a level of engagement, participation, innovation and dedication to common goals from all participants: government, investors, consumers and the people in this industry. The opportunities are considerable, and the challenges are very real.
Transpower in 2030 will look very different from Transpower today, but the national grid's role in enabling the electrification and decarbonisation of the New Zealand economy is, and will continue to be, critical.
Part of an integrated supply chain, we deliver essential services in a tightly regulated monopolistic environment to ensure:
- we are able to invest with confidence on behalf of all New Zealand
- the service levels we deliver reflect end-consumer demand
- parties can access our network on appropriate terms
- we are incentivised to continuously improve our efficiency
About the team
In our reimagined Customer Solutions Team, you'll play a key role for eight months, to assist our Relationship Managers to meet Transpower's strategic objectives by developing thoughtful, positive and highly effective relationships between Transpower and their portfolio of customers.
You'll enable the account plans for Customers to be quickly formed, utilising analysis and insights gained from a wide variety of sources such as annual reports, financial statements, media releases, industry commentary and from Transpower employees. This position is responsible for gathering, curating and analysing data regarding our customers, being the nationwide portfolio of either: - electricity distributors (the lines company's), or - non-distribution customers Generators (current and potential), Industrials, Developers and Infrastructures company's (such as NZTA) - and several key stakeholders, such as regional and local councils.
What you'll bring
Your previous experience, CV and cover letter will demonstrate:
- A proven ability to undertake primary and secondary research at pace, and present that in a manner that enables others to effectively use and build on the data and insights
- Experience in the process of gathering, analysing, storing and disseminating detailed information in a user-friendly format (case studies, white papers, personas, user stories, requirements documents, etc).
- Outstanding ability to negotiate and influence a range of stakeholders using well-developed communication and facilitation skills (verbal and written) at both a general business and technical level.
- An ability to think strategically and see the big picture, while also working at a detailed level
- Proven experience in using project management techniques and methodologies, including a scheduling and planning your work effectively to deliver tangible results
- A demonstrated ability to learn a new domain, developing a solid understanding of core systems, including data and business rules
While not essential the following will be highly regarded;
- A Business Analyst qualification/ certification.
- Solid understanding of the energy sector.
Proven learning agility and a growth mindset will enable you to quickly gain deep understanding of the industry, our 'lingo' and Transpower's business drivers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value the diversity of thought that working as part of a team with over 28 nationalities bring. The challenges we face are multifaceted and considerable, but so are the opportunities. This is a great fixed term opportunity to get into Transpower and show your skills while enjoying a flexible working environment to suit your lifestyle!
Role closes Thursday 8th August 2019. Applications will be reviewed as they are received