What you will be doing:
We have an exciting new role for a talented Business Intelligence Analyst. This role will be reporting to the Reporting and Analytics Manager and you will be assisting with the development and maintenance of our data warehouse environment.
You will be bringing your passion for BI to our dedicated team where you will help troubleshoot any issues with the data warehouse code base, swiftly resolving any issues that may arise. You will build strong relationships with support teams to help maintain a robust data warehouse solution. You will also assist with the seamless deployments of new code. No two days are the same and will include:
- Undertaking testing activities prior to deployment, maintaining good testing practice.
- Participate in process improvement and develop SQL code to resolve business problems and ensure that developed code meets data warehouse coding standards and principles.
- Analyse and document business requirements providing effective technical solutions.
- Produce and maintain documentation of data flows and data warehouse processes.
- Understanding End to End solutions, gaining knowledge of front end systems and processes through to back end processes and data structures
- To lead in the promotion and provision of the data model and warehouse construction as well as the implication on reports and analytical processes.
To shine in the role:
- Previous experience in data warehousing / business intelligence.
- SQL Coding experience
- Technical experience with large scale commercial databases.
- Proven experience in MPP Platform (eg Netezza, AWS Redshift)
- Excellent communication skills as you will be liaising with all levels of the business.
- Ability to work autonomously and have excellent attention to detail.
Who are we?
AA Insurance is a proud New Zealand company offering general insurance to Kiwis. Spanning over 20 years, we have grown to be the 'Most Trusted Insurer' as voted by New Zealanders from Reader's Digest. All our products have been developed right here in New Zealand with everyday Kiwis in mind. We are a dedicated bunch who put our customers first, ensuring that we are helping eliminate stress and provide them with certainty during their time of need.
What makes AA Insurance a great place to work?
AA Insurance isn't a stuffy insurance company; there are no pinstriped suits and ties here! Our genuine culture truly makes AA Insurance a great place to work - one of the best in fact. For the last 10 years we have been a finalist in the IBM Kenexa Best Workplaces.
From the get go you are provided with what is needed for you to put your best foot forward. We work in a supportive team environment where differences are encouraged, and there are plenty of ongoing opportunities for you to continue to grow and develop. We are breaking the mould of insurance, so come and join our award-winning team.
- Annual salary reviews and bonus schemes
- A strong focus on training, staff developments and internal promotions
- An award-winning wellbeing programme
- Fantastic discounts on our insurance products and at a number of retail outlets
If you want to be a part of our award-winning team and you believe that you have the skills outlined above, click the Apply button and include your resume and cover letter by Tuesday 5th March 2019.