Become a Cambridge Champion and become part of the established tourism market which is flourishing, with visitors drawn to local attractions like the Avantidrome, a world-class facility centred on a purpose-built 250m wooden velodrome, Lake Karapiro, the Waikato River, a strong equestrian community, excellent cafes and a renowned farmers market.
This role will involve greeting visitors to the Information Centre, assisting with travel, accommodation, and activity enquiries, referrals to other businesses, and sale of quality locally produced souvenirs.
Tasks will include:
- Stock refill
- Dusting and other light cleaning duties
- Cash and EFTPOS handling
- Customer interaction U
- sing online booking systems.
- Well presented with good communication skills
- Customer service experience an advantage
- Ability to speak a language other than English would be useful but not essential
- A good standard of conversational English is required
- Someone who feels comfortable chatting to centre visitors
- Confident to use online booking systems and electronic money handling
- Good knowledge of Cambridge and the Waipa area and a willingness to learn