Cedar Doctor NZ are seeking to employ a person to be trained to work at all aspects of Cedar, timber and building maintenance and restoration, including surface preparation and finishing with timber treatments (staining and oiling).
Qualities and Attributes:
- Desire to perform quality work
- Honest and work-oriented
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Initiative and proactive
- Punctual and safety conscious
- Aptitude to work with hands in trades work
- Physically strong and active (able to lift weights up to 30 kgs and work consistently for extended periods)
- Able to work with paints, stains, oils, and commercial cleaning and stripping chemicals
- Comfortable to working at heights
- Safety conscious
- Able to pass drug and alcohol testing (pre-employment and periodically)
- NZ citizenship, residency or a valid NZ work visa
- Ability to communicate well in English
Perform duties that are part of the Cedar Doctor NZ business activity, such as:
- Performing work on jobs sites such as erecting and moving scaffolding, chemical washing and stripping of buildings, doors, decks, pergolas, fences, etc., the application of wood stains, wood oils, and paints to prepared surfaces, surface preparation by means of cleaning, scrapping, and sanding, cleaning of jobs sites
Location of Work:
- Based in Auckland (Wairau Valley) and the work is predominantly in the Auckland region but at times there are jobs throughout New Zealand
As soon as possible.
Call Martin on 021 577 312 to discuss the job.
Apply online or email your CV or work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.