At Trustpower we are proud to say that our roots stretch back almost 100 years and we've remained 100% New Zealand owned and operated. Trustpower is one of the largest companies on the NZX and the fifth largest energy generator with a range of hydro schemes across New Zealand. Our reputation for innovation is showcased by our new Head Office, which is designed around the concept of Activity Based Working; a creative way of working which promotes flexibility, and enables collaboration between individuals and teams.
We are looking for two Communication and Control Systems Engineers to join our Engineering and Development team and provide engineering services for the broad and diverse portfolio of generation assets. We are looking for a mix of experience levels in the two roles so if you have gained engineering experience from power generation or heavy industries then we want to hear from you.
- Design and support generation control, protection and communication systems
- Electrical circuit scoping and design
- Programming PLC's and SCADA
- Manage minor projects through scoping, tendering, execution and wrap up.
- Manage multiple work-streams with scheduling emphasis given to minimizing lost generation, maximizing revenue and reducing risk.
- Participate in the after-hours on call roster
Skills & Experience
Your ability to connect with people will enable you to develop and maintain good professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You will have engineering experience in power generation or heavy industry, from investigation and scoping through to execution and commissioning along with:
- Relevant engineering qualification
- Design of electrical and controls systems
- Knowledge of electrical and associated systems for generation equipment
- Strong analytical skills and able to interpret data to inform decisions and mitigate risks.
- Ability to prioritise work and function autonomously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in IT networking would be an advantage
What's on Offer?
At Trustpower we pride ourselves on being an employer who can offer development and support with a strong, innovative culture. Working closely across the Generation team you will receive great exposure to different areas across the business, and grow your skill set along the way. We offer a competitive salary package and exciting assets to work on. So if this sounds like the opportunity for you, then we invite you to review the position description and apply today!
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Tim Syme via email at email@example.com or via phone on 027 839 5927.
Applications close 7 April 2019.