- Exciting external communications opportunity at Kiwibank
- Based in Wellington, (though could be Auckland)
- Are you a journalist with some experience, or a motivated grad about to launch your career in communications?
This exciting new role is to assist the External Communications Manager and wider Corporate Affairs team to grow the profile and maintain the reputation of Kiwibank as well as supporting the delivery of Kiwibank's purpose to "Make Kiwis better off".
Our team is supportive, fun and dynamic and we're looking for you to help make a difference with our public profile by:
- Monitoring and reporting on relevant media coverage and being alert to media opportunities
- Maintaining up-to-date media and key media contact lists
- Identifying opportunities, drafting communication plans and media releases and pitching stories about Kiwibank in line with our strategy
- Managing media enquiries in line with our media policy and capitalising on media opportunities as they present themselves
- Developing and maintaining good relations with key media outlets and journalists
- Assisting the External Comms Manager to ensure authorised spokespeople are prepared with messages, coaching and media training
- Producing weekly email communication for frontline teams and other communications when required
What an awesome job!
What are we looking for?
- Some experience in journalism or communications or a recent communications graduate
- Great interviewing, writing and storytelling skills and the ability to simply communicate complex subject matter
- A proven nose for news, publicity opportunities and the ability to leverage media opportunities
- Good understanding of social media and online environments
- An aptitude for and/or experience of photography/video
In return, you'll be working in a flexible environment where there's a real commitment to help you progress your career.
At Kiwibank we're all about making Kiwis better off. That means for our customers, our communities, and our own people. We are continuously striving for an inclusive culture where everyone has the opportunity to thrive. We are committed to providing a workplace that is safe, flexible, and accessible. If you want to be a part of this dynamic and supportive team, then we'd love to have you on board.
Applications close on Thursday 30th January 2020 at 9pm, so be gutsy and apply NOW.
We will be reviewing resumes throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to withdraw the ad at any time.