Community Support Workers - Central Region
- Continued education with internationally accredited training and development opportunities
- Support people with disabilities to live great lives!
- Supportive and collaborative work environment
- Competitive wage and free car parking
We have more than 100 worksites and support options across the whole Auckland region. In our supported accommodation, we provide services for adults with intellectual and or physical disabilities within our homes and out in their community. We provide 24 hour support which consists of a rotating roster Monday through to Sunday. We are currently looking for casual, part time and full time support workers to work in our supported accommodation.
As a Community Support Worker you take on tasks that are dynamic and will depend on the needs and dreams of each person. You provide assistance with daily activities such as community participation, socializing, work or education, personal cares and domestic chores, as well as responsibility for reporting and administration.
Skills & Experience
- Committed and passionate for supporting people with disabilities to live great lives
- Ability to communicate effectively and supportively with your colleagues and the people you support
- Empathy and willingness to support people with their personal cares, such as bathing, dressing and toileting
The ideal candidate will have:
- The commitment to achieve a Community Support Worker Level Three qualification
- Experience supporting people with disabilities and/or challenging behaviours
- Reliability, Commitment, and Passion for working with people
- A full New Zealand driver's licence
- The ability and confidence to drive a van
- A relevant qualification
- The ability to use a computer effectively, including programs such as Word, Internet Explorer, and email
If you're interested in supporting people to develop self-confidence and independence, and live their lives of choice, lives like any other, in their own communities, then we want to hear from you today!
Spectrum Care is proudly an equal opportunity employer.