- Supporting coaches and riders with physical challenges to ride adult trikes as individuals or groups inside and outdoors. As part of this role you assist our riders to regain control over their lives and empower them to make further life changes.
- Tasks will include helping riders to mount and dismount trikes, supervise pre-set activity stations, cleaning down of trike seats between rides.
NOTE - We are looking for someone who can assist on an on-call basis.You will gain a sense of satisfaction and connection as you help others to change their lives.
You will gain skills around working with people from different areas of the community and ethnic backgrounds as well as receive training from our coaches and the Ride Leader program. Gaining experience that can be added to your CV for future employment opportunities. Welcome to ride trikes on their volunteer days at no cost.
- Volunteers will need to have an sense of empathy with people living with visible and invisible disability.
- The ability to get to ground level for supporting riders to get their feet into support braces.
- An ability to think quickly in situations where changes happen on a regular basis.
- A reasonable standard of conversational English is required.
- Second language skills could be an advantage.
- Reliable worker, teachable, patient listener, someone who is not afraid to ask questions and learn new skills. Must be able to follow directions and work as a team member. A caring warm attitude towards others. Someone with good boundaries.
- A Ministry of Justice background check is required for this role.
Two hours from 9:45 to 11:45 one morning per week.