Heritage Hanmer Springs is a 4.5 star hotel located in the glorious alpine spa village of Hanmer Springs, just 90 minutes north of Christchurch.
We are looking for a Conference Coordinator to work in our busy Heritage Hanmer Springs team. This is a full-time position, which will include work on weekends and evenings as required.
We are looking for someone with excellent organizational skills, a high level of personal presentation, excellent written and oral communication skills, excellent computer knowledge and exceptional customer service skills.
The successful candidate will have very good attention to detail and the ability to organize and work with the Food and Beverage team to deliver the best conference experience for our guests.
Previous experience (1-2 years) in a hotel conferencing and events role, or experience in a hospitality events role, with an understanding of hotel operations, is preferred. Many conferences are held in the evenings and weekends so flexibility to be available for key events is important.
Applicants must reside in New Zealand and either be New Zealand Citizens/Residents, or hold a valid New Zealand work permit.
The key skills required for this role include:
- A great organiser, with an eye for detail and creative flair
- Well-groomed and professional at all times
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills - experience on Word, Excel and Outlook is essential
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred
- Flexibility - Be prepared to work a seven-day roster (5 days on, 2 off) including weekends and evenings.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out the daily conference administration duties
- Working with the F&B team to ensure smooth daily conference operations
- Co-coordinating client requirements to ensure the smooth running of events
- Meeting and liaising with clients, guests, PCOs, brides and grooms, etc
- Overseeing and assisting service for functions and weddings as required
- Assisting with set-up for conferences, meetings and weddings as required
This dynamic position would suit a hard-working and dedicated individual, who is comfortable dealing with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds. The successful candidate will be well presented and professional, preferably with previous conference and events experience in a hotel.