If you’re looking for a chance to launch your career in the financial services world with an organisation that is committed to recruiting and fostering talented people, then Suncorp New Zealand could be the place for you.
Working as part of the Suncorp Group you will have access to an unparalleled range of job opportunities across insurance, banking, wealth management and corporate services. We promote a high-performance culture where people are rewarded for effort and dedication.
Suncorp Group is home to some of Australia and New Zealand’s biggest and most trusted names in insurance, banking and superannuation including market leading brands Vero and Asteron Life.
Suncorp New Zealand strives to protect the wellbeing of Kiwis and to ensure that we are there for the moments that matter. Our purpose is to ‘create a better today’ for all our stakeholders. It is what drives us and gives meaning to every action we take.
Multiple opportunities have become available as a Customer Service and Underwriting Consultant in our Sales and Service division. You will work with a team of motivated people to deliver excellent service and great outcomes, whilst managing a high volume of customer enquiries.
This is a busy contact centre that operates 7 days a week with extended hours from 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday and weekend hours of 9am – 5pm. There will also be 3 weeks of full-time paid training upon commencement. You will be expected to:
- Handle queries from customers and partners working to resolve or action any customer complaints
- Provide excellent customer service by identifying and resolving any quoting, processing or underwriting issues
- Proactively assessing customer needs and finding the best insurance solution for them.
- Being a supportive, collaborative and actively involved team player
- Looking to contribute ideas and initiatives to continually improve our customer experience
To shine in your role, you will have:
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand on a full time and permanent basis
- Previous customer service experience within a call centre, hospitality or retail environment
- An engaging personality with a passion for interacting and learning about people
- A drive to deliver an exceptional customer experience in every interaction
- The self-motivation to achieve goals and objectives.
- An eagerness to learn and desire for self-improvement
- Effective communication, questioning and listening skills
- A great work ethic with a positive attitude and outlook
What you’ll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference and grow in one of the most successful insurers in Australasia with over 9 million customers. We offer the freedom to work in a flexible environment, respect and encourage diversity and as an international company we offer opportunities for training and career advancement.
For a full range of our benefits please visit https://www.suncorp.co.nz/careers.html
Please review our position description for more information. If this role sounds like the challenge you have been looking for please express your interest by applying.