At Trustpower we are proud to say that our roots stretch back almost 100 years and we've remained 100% New Zealand owned and operated. We are one of the largest companies on the NZX and the fifth largest energy generator in New Zealand. We operate 25 hydro schemes across New Zealand with 45 associated generation stations.
Come join our Dam Safety team with a focus on Trustpower's dam safety information and stakeholder relationships. As a member of this team, the Dam Safety Information Coordinator (DSIC) plays a central communication role in the team, ensuring that internal and external relationships are developed and maintained with key stakeholders, along with providing expertise in the design and delivery of training, policies, procedures and documentation.
- Maintain and update Trustpower's Emergency Action Plans for its hydro reservoirs
- Assist in and coordinate the development, maintenance and updating of procedures and manuals
- Maintain and develop good relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and educate stakeholders on dam safety emergency preparedness and public safety around reservoirs
- Identify deficiencies in existing dam safety processes, procedures and manuals and contribute to solutions
- Manage improvement projects
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will enjoy a structured approach, to ensure accuracy. Your ability to connect with people will enable you to develop and maintain good professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and educate them on issues relating to dam safety. You will have previous experience working in communication; education; training; or information management. Along with:
- A relevant qualification in Information Management
- Ideally a qualification in Education
- Ability to prioritise work and function autonomously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in dam safety or civil defence would be advantageous
What's in it for you?
At Trustpower we pride ourselves on being an employer who can offer development and support with a strong, innovative culture. Working closely across the Generation team you will receive great exposure to different areas across the business, and grow your skill set along the way. We offer a competitive salary package and exciting assets to work on.
So if this sounds like the opportunity for you, then we invite you to review the position description and apply today!
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Thomas Fritz (021 227 3398) or email@example.com.
Applications for this role close Monday, 18th March 2019 at 4pm.