Want to be part of something special? Kiwi Wealth is on a mission to make it easy and rewarding for all Kiwis to invest. We embrace challenge and we're constantly striving to find better ways to do things for our customers and our people.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a customer centric, innovative, and award-winning organisation. We've achieved a huge amount in the past few years, but we haven't finished just yet.
We have an opportunity for a Data and Insights Lead to join our team. If you're genuinely passionate about data and using data to inform business decisions, you might be exactly who we're looking for.
About the role
As the key player in our data space, you will lead the design and implementation of the data strategy to ensure our data is accurate, useful and utilised to empower our business to grow. Your remit will be wide ranging, from designing and implementing dashboards and reports, building and implementing new processes which optimise data availability, delivery and use, to analysing and reporting on customer trends. This role will be a mix of project and BAU work, as well as driving the continuous improvement of the data strategy. As this is a relatively new space for Kiwi Wealth there will be the opportunity to take on a mentoring role within the data, analytics and Power BI space for Kiwi Wealth.
What you will be doing
- Run small workshops with internal staff to describe the questions and decisions they have in order to understand what data and how best to present that data to drive business insights and inform decisions
- Develop reports, data visuals and dashboards using Power BI
- Integration and transformation of data using Extract Transform Load (ETL) methods and tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Azure integration and logic Apps
- Consult with data stakeholders on data quality rules, and develop data quality controls based on those rules
- Develop conceptual, logical and physical data models to communicate to stakeholders the data entities and relationships between them
Who you will be working with
Given data is the key asset to the business and informs many roles, you will work with a large range of stakeholders from across the business, including board members, senior leadership, customer services, operations, and applications developers.
- Experience with Power BI is preferable, or another data analysis and visualisation tool
- Data warehouse and data modelling experience
- ETL knowledge (creating, updating and maintaining)
- Microsoft SQL Server experience, SSIS would be ideal
- VSTS and Git experience would be ideal
- Common Data Model (ideal)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure data and integration tools
With a strong IT background ideally in the database space, you will be the type of person who can work independently as well as within a team environment. You will have experience designing and implementing a data strategy which encompasses the full end-to-end process of data from extraction to visualisation.
If you're up for the challenge, and like working in an Agile, fast paced environment then we'd love to hear from you.
Applications close on 19 April, but we'll review as we go so apply today.