- Exciting role in the Data Governance Team at Kiwibank
- Auckland based, (though could be Wellington)
- Are you passionate about data and helping organisations get more value from it?
At Kiwibank, Data Governance is part of the close-knit and dynamic Data and Analytics team that is helping to reshape the way the bank operates with data. We have an exciting opportunity available as a Data Governance Specialist.
So, what's the role about?
Kiwibank is continuously improving its ability to generate strategic value from its data. A critical frontier in this effort is Data Governance.
Reporting to the Data Governance Manager, you will help create and support the necessary mechanisms - tools, policies, processes, and procedures - that will enable the business to effectively govern its data and information across the entire data value chain.
You'll partner with the business and work with a wide range of stakeholders, running data quality issues to ground, setting up and running working groups and forums, and helping to define business rules, policies, standards and processes. You'll also leverage your data analyst skills in data profiling, capturing metadata, developing data quality metrics, and carrying out data analysis.
So who are we looking for?
We're not too concerned with your current job title, but you must have proven, relevant experience along the lines of the following:
- Must haves
- a passion for data and the value it can provide
- proven SQL scripting and advanced Excel skills
- very good communication skills: written, diagramming and verbal
- excellent interpersonal and customer engagement skills, including the confidence to challenge and have gutsy conversations when necessary
- experience and ability to build strong business relationships
- a commitment to doing the right things for customers
- experience working in an organisation with sensitive data and an awareness of the associated risks and obligations
- knowledge of DataFlux
- experience working in agile methodologies
At Kiwibank we're all about making Kiwis better off. That means for our customers, our communities, and our own people. We are continuously striving for an inclusive culture where everyone has the opportunity to thrive. We are committed to providing a workplace that is safe, flexible, and accessible.
It's a great time to be part of what's going on with data at Kiwibank and really have an impact. If you'd like to come and blaze trails with us - we'd love to hear from you.
Apply Today! Applications close on Tuesday 23rd July at 9pm.
We will be reviewing resumes throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to withdraw the ad at any time, so apply NOW!