Our client Viridian Glass is a New Zealand market leader, providing comprehensive residential and commercial glass and glazing services and solutions. They continue to develop technology that reduces environmental impact while focusing on products with lower energy consumption and providing superior comfort for the end user.
We love Glass
They believe in a safe workplace and are committed to excellence in everything they do, achieving this through innovation, technology and dedication to their customers.
This role is responsible for all aspects of glass delivery activity within the Highbrook Warehouse and Despatch function. Working days and hours are Monday to Friday: 6:00am to 2:30pm.
Responsibilities & Duties
- To transport and deliver glass products in a timely and safe manner to customers whilst following road laws using local area knowledge to achieve best route optimisation.
- Responsible for safely unloading glass with or without assistance, verifying loads against manifest ensuring full delivery to each customer, and perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Ensure all the production requirements, pertaining to your role are met to an agreed customer service level and in a timely fashion.
Skills & Qualifications
To be considered for this role you must have commercial driving experience - preferably using multi transport platforms in a FMCG or Logistics environment. You enjoy working in a team, with strong customer service, detailed oriented and health and safety focused.
- Strong load handling/loading/unloading/load planning experience - preferably with high end and/or fragile products experience;
- Strong understanding of pack/load restraint practices;
- Strong understanding of safe vehicle load balance operation
- Must have good working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems
- Understands route optimisation
- Good computer/technology appreciation i.e. mobile phones, hand held computers, tablets & scanners
- Physically able to perform a high number of glass lifts on a daily basis
- Must possess a current/valid class 2, 4 & preferably 5 vehicle licences. Full understanding of relevant licence glass conditions
- Have current fork hoist certification - preferably F endorsed licence. Experience working in a similar position within a fast-paced environment;
- Glass experience preferred but not essential if you have the right attitude and willing to learn.
How to apply
Viridian has a fantastic working environment and embraces full diversity on their sites. You will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package, a friendly and progressive team environment and room to develop your career.
We want to hear from you! Please submit your CV (in Word) or give Kristine Tabay a call on 09 309 75 72 for a confidential conversation.
Viridian has a strong commitment to workplace, health and safety and the well-being of our people. Successful candidates will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening before a formal offer is made.