Trustpower generates renewable electricity through more than 35 hydroelectric power stations located around New Zealand. We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Environmental and Regulatory Team. This role has been created to help our team continue to provide quality resource management advice for projects and activities associated with Trustpower's generation assets.
- Ensure Trustpowers compliance with resource consent, concessions and special permits
- Coordinate and implement requirements of regulatory approvals and environmental management plans
- Review technical environmental reports relating to fish passage, freshwater ecology, river erosion and other environmental management issues
- Ability to manage and interpret large sets of data
- Foster and enhance sustainable working relationships with stakeholders built on trust.
- Support the team to drive continual improvement in accordance with ISO14001:2015 - International Standard for Environmental Management Systems
Skills & Experience
We are looking for someone who has a passion for the environment and people, will be an active contributor to building on our team culture, and enjoys variety and challenge.
- A high degree of emotional intelligence, advanced interpersonal skills and exceptional writing skills.
- Experience working with the Resource Management Act, resource consent compliance and stakeholder engagement.
- A qualification in either resource management, science or a related field.
- Ability to work cross-functionally at all levels of the business and with multiple stakeholders.
There will be plenty of diversity and opportunity for workload sharing, along with time spent at spectacular hydro generation locations throughout New Zealand.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, we encourage you to review the full position description at our careers site and apply online today.