If you're interested in supporting people to live their lives of choice then we want to hear from you today!
Spectrum Care Trust provides a vocational support service in Auckland for people with intellectual disabilities. Many of these people are young, vibrant and ready to find their place in the world, and your job will be to help them do that.
We are seeking an experienced and talented Facilitator to provide leadership to our team. You will need significant experience supporting people with intellectual disabilities and be ready to take your career to the next level in this new and exciting role.
You will provide, inspiration, motivation, guidance, leadership and support to your team so that together you can to create a service that you can all be proud of.
Along with your team you will support people to find and follow their dreams; making friends, having fun, connecting and contributing to their local communities, continuing to grow personally, and to find work, education, and other meaningful occupation. A particular focus will be on assisting people to gain life and work experience, to develop skills which will help them into employment. This might be in open employment- ordinary jobs available locally, or supported self-employment via social enterprises and micro-enterprises. That's a big ask, so we need a really special team. Interested?
We are looking for people who are interesting, people with hobbies and interests and skills that they will enjoy sharing with others. It could be drama, music, art, dance, entrepreneurial-ism, the environment, horticulture, hospitality, sports or something completely different. We need people who are well connected to their communities and will help others connect to them too. You need to be a natural teacher, be observant and intuitive, genuinely respectful and appreciative of diversity, and be kind, fun and patient.
If you're interested in supporting people to develop self-confidence and independence, and live their lives of choice, lives like any other, in their own communities, then we want to hear from you today!
Spectrum is a well established provider, with more than 100 worksites and support options across the whole Auckland region, Hamilton, Tauranga and Wellington.
Skills & Experience
- Organising the day to day functioning of the service
- Combining direct support with supervisory and administrative roles
- Support the team in running their person centred; community focused activities and facilitate any trouble shooting that may be require
- Act as the key liaison with families, transition providers, and other key partners
- Ability to plan and organise is also essential to being successful in this role.
- Committed to supporting people with disabilities to live great lives
- Able to communicate effectively and supportively with your colleagues and the people you support
- Comfortable with reporting and administration tasks
- Empathic and willing to support people with any personal cares, such as bathing, dressing and toileting if necessary
The ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant qualification or the commitment to achieve a Community Support Worker Level Three qualification
- Experience supporting people with disabilities and/or challenging behaviours
- Reliability, Commitment, and Passion for working with people
- A full New Zealand driver's licence
- The ability and confidence to drive a van with a manual transmission or willingness to quickly learn this
- The ability to use a computer effectively, including programs such as Word, Internet Explorer, and email
Spectrum Care is proudly an equal opportunity employer.