Market Pulse is a customer experience, insights and activation business – and we work with brands to increase their consumer sales within their retail network. This involves training, coaching and mentoring in-store sales associates, developing brand evangelism, and improving product sales conversion.
We are now seeking a Field Sales Representative for part of our Christchurch sales territory. You'll be joining an established team and will report to the Account Director. Your role will require you to build deep relationships with both partner retailers and our client 2degrees - one of New Zealand's major telecommunications companies. Your primary responsibility will be to achieve sales targets and to train to all store staff on products and promotions. But you'll also need to be able to work closely with Store Managers and Proprietors.
Key components of the role
- Achievement of retail sales targets for a designated territory
- Self management of your own territory call cycle
- One-to-one and one-to-many training of retail sales staff
- Communicating product, marketing and promotional information
- Visual merchandising for assigned territory
- Meeting reporting deadlines and requirements
- Building relationships across multiple stakeholders (stores, our client, your team)
You will be fully trained by the retail sales team to ensure you can deliver the high standards expected, but you should also meet all or most of the following criteria
- Experience in field sales or merchandising
- IT savvy with a practical understanding of telecommunications products/services.
- Strong communication skills with the confidence to speak and train within groups and one on one
- Smart, professional, well-spoken and reliable. With the ability to build relationships across different levels of an organisation
- Retail orientated with the ability to perceive and execute visual detail
- Qualifications: A relevant tertiary qualification
- Years of Experience: A minimum of 2 years sales experience within a customer service / sales environment.
The successful applicant must have their own reliable vehicle and be willing to travel