About Liger Trading
Liger Trading NZ Limited is part of an established global organisation, operating on the cutting-edge of electronic trading, on the world’s largest exchanges.
We are experts at advanced analytics and programming for algorithmic trading, with a historical trend of consistent success, over the past 15 years.
Since early 2019, Liger Trading is proud to call New Zealand home and looks forward to continued global growth, while continuing to support the efforts of the Liger Leadership Academy www.ligeracademy.org.
About the role
A great opportunity to get involved on the ground floor of local and global expansion. Due to continued company growth, an office in Queenstown has recently opened, to complement existing global operations and a new, upper-level Finance Manager position has been created.
Responsible for the overall financial aspects of the NZ entity, as Finance Manager, you will work closely with Liger's European team and the founder of the firm, as well as having the opportunity to work on other projects within NZ, including the launch of a new restaurant chain.
This role is best suited for a business-minded Chartered Accountant, confident taking control of all financial reporting, accounts, budgeting, forecasting, business tax liabilities and payroll.
Operating in an innovative and fast paced environment, ability to keep up with change is essential to realise real potential for significant personal and professional development.
Key responsibilities include
- Owning the finance function
- Ensuring statutory compliance of financial statements, external audits and taxation for the founder and all aspects of NZ ventures; including GST, PAYE and FBT
- Coordinating preparation and presentation of financial statements, reports, special analyses and budgets
- Providing financial input for strategic decision making and proper risk controls
- Managing payroll and cash flow
Requirements, skills and experience
- CAANZ / CPA membership, or similar
- 5+ years' accounting experience; international finance, beneficial and insurance or external auditing experience preferred
- Proficient with software applications, such as Xero and payroll systems
- Experience in cost accounting, tax compliance and budget management practices
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, with ability to work independently
- Strong business acumen, with ability to drive business change and efficiency
- Honest and reliable, with a solid understanding of ethics and confidentiality; ability to exercise discretion, dealing with sensitive matters
- A positive, proactive approach, able to communicate and engage
- Excellent time management, priority setting and problem-solving skills; capable of working methodically and meeting deadlines
- NZ work eligibility
Most of all you want to join a firm that is passionate about its people and its purpose.
This position comes with
- A great lifestyle location
- Interesting and challenging projects, working with an inspirational leader, in the most competitive area of financial markets and other growth projects
- Influence over the creation of systems and processes, without being limited by glass ceilings
- A solid salary, with potential for discretionary bonuses
- The opportunity to work in a small, family orientated team, with regular social events