Food and Beverage Services Manager
Take your career to the top with Heritage Hotels, in this multifaceted role managing our Hectors Restaurant and Conferencing Centre.
You'll receive great staff benefits including staff meals, training and career progression and complimentary hotel nights!
Why Work For Us
A career at Heritage Hotel means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our group. Heritage Hotel Auckland is one of Auckland city's most recognisable historic landmark buildings, the iconic Farmers department store building. Being part of Heritage Hotels Group offers you opportunities to find a hospitality career that's right for you across 19 hotels in 15 New Zealand locations.
What are the benefits?
- Competitive salary
- Staff meals
- Access to staff discounts with preferred providers, including hotel room nights
- Dry cleaning
- Car park and mobile phone
- Training & career progression
- Great place to work!
About the role:
We are currently seeking a full time Food and Beverage Services Manager to manage our Food and Beverage Department, reporting directly to the hotel General Manager.
This is a challenging and exciting role for a Food and Beverage professional to show their skills and take the responsibility of leading a great team. This position is responsible for the full function of the Food and Beverage Department, for all front and back of house Food and Beverage operations including: Hectors Restaurant, Lobby Bar, Room Service, Minibar, Pool Deck Bar and Banqueting.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop implement and schedule regular training sessions
- Maintain hygiene standards to council required ratings at all times
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage department
- Manage and motivate all Food & Beverage staff
- Manage recruitment and development of the Food & Beverage team
- Monitor Food and Beverage financial performance
- Work closely with the Executive Chef to develop business opportunities and new events
Bring with you your experience and exciting ideas to create a memorable experience for our customers. With your leadership skills and genuine passion for hospitality, you will lead our Food and Beverage team to ensure that customer care is provided. Play an integral part in providing exceptional level of guest satisfaction and ensuring optimal operations of our Food and Beverage Department.
Key skills and qualifications required for this role:
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management, or the equivalent in Business Management is desirable but not essential
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role within a four or five star property is desirable
- Minimum of three years' experience in a similar Food and Beverage managerial role
- Financial management skills, with an understanding of budgets and forecasting
- Proven experience in employee management systems, such as performance management, the progressive disciplinary system and health and safety highly desirable
- High level of business communications (oral and written) skills including the ability to draft business reports, budgets and proposals
- Strong leadership ensuring department compliance across Health & Safety, Company Procedures and legislation
- Current LCQ, General Managers and First Aid Certificate
- Must be eligible to work in New Zealand