Jet Park Hotel Auckland Airport is an award winning 4-star plus hotel situated only 5 minutes from Auckland International Airport. The hotel has 221 rooms, an a la carte restaurant, lounge bar, cafe and large 250 pax conference facility. We are proudly independent, New Zealand owned and operated hotel.
We are looking to fill a senior operational positions in our Food & Beverage Team - a 'hands-on' leader to coordinate the service to our guests in our busy a la carte restaurant, bar, mini-bars and room service. You will lead and develop a team, ensuring a high standard of service is maintained at all times and that guests enjoy the best possible experience.
Working closely with our Food & Beverage Manager and Assistant Food and Beverage Manager you will be responsible for maximising profitability and overseeing the operational aspects of your shift. Your approach will be "that nothing is too difficult to achieve."
To be successful in this role:
- You have proven experience working in all areas of Food & Beverage in a hotel restaurant, with at least 2 years experience held in a supervisory role.
- Your technical restaurant, and bar service skills are exemplary and you have a strong ability to train others and maintain high standards across the team.
- You have outstanding customer service skills including guest complaint resolution and you can wow our guests with your great personality!
- Attention to detail with an organized and methodical approach to your work - this is a busy role and plenty of "multi-tasking" is required.
- You are a confident leader, with a keen sense of initiative and effective communication skills.
- Be able to contribute your own innovative ideas with a drive for continuous improvement.
- You will have sound computer skills across a variety of software applications.
- You have excellent communication skills, a professional phone manner and confidence in explaining and selling our food and beverage and conference services.
- You are passionate about your chosen industry and a hospitality management diploma or degree would be preferable, but not essential.
- Be available to work for 5 rostered shifts per week, including weekends, day and evening shifts.
- Only those legally allowed to work in New Zealand need apply.
We offer an excellent working environment, free car parking, a uniform and staff meals along with the opportunity for on-going learning and development. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your hotel career – apply today! Please visit our website for more information about the hotel and our great team – www.jetpark.co.nz.
If interested, please submit a cover letter and CV to Vilomena Ole, Human Resources Advisor.