Front Office Manager
Take your career to the top with Heritage Hotels, in this diverse and challenging role. Lead an amazing front office team with our prestigious hotel group!
You'll receive great staff benefits including access to staff discounts, uniform and complimentary hotel nights!
What are the benefits?
- Competitive salary
- Access to staff discounts with preferred providers, including hotel room nights
- Car parking and mobile phone
- Training & career progression
- Great place to work!
About the role:
We are looking for a full time experienced Front Office Manager ready to take on this exciting role.
As our Front Office Manager you're a true leader, and the idea of mentoring a hard-working team only inspires you more. Whether you're checking in a group, looking after guest accounts, recruiting new team members, rostering or completing room checks, you'll be passionate about delivering an exceptional and personalised experience for our guests. No task is too big or too small, and you'll especially enjoy ensuring our guests' experience exceeds expectations.
Handling the day-to-day operations of our front office will be high up on your priority list. You'll be responsible for ensuring our guests are satisfied with their experience and solve any problems that arise; including adhering to security protocols and handling guest enquiries and room changes. Experience managing a large team is crucial as you will be responsible for the Night Team, Concierge Team and Receptionists; with the support of the Night Manager and Chief Concierge.
With your front office experience and your exceptional leadership and communication skills, you're committed to making a name for yourself in the hospitality industry. If you think you can add to our wonderful reputation, have the ability to multi-task and are legally entitled to work in New Zealand then this is your chance to join a fantastic team who truly values their employees.
Key skills and qualifications required for this role:
- Be available to work weekends from time to time
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role within a four or five star property is a must
- Hospitality Management Qualification and/or relevant work experience at a senior leadership level
- Current LCQ, General Managers and First Aid Certificate
- Conversant in Opera Computer Systems is essential and an essential understanding of other IT hotel systems
- Excellent written and verbal English communication and interpersonal skills
- Essential understanding of PCI (Payment Card Information), GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and PII (Personally Identifiable Information) compliance
- Strong leadership ensuring department compliance across Health & Safety, Company Procedures and legislation
Why Work For Us
A career at Heritage Hotel means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our group. Heritage Hotel Auckland is one of Auckland city's most recognisable historic landmark buildings, the iconic Farmers department store building. Being part of Heritage Hotels Group offers you opportunities to find a hospitality career that's right for you across 19 hotels in 15 New Zealand locations.