Want to change the status quo? Looking to work for a business that has a strong social purpose?
We are looking for an experienced Health & Safety Manager, based in Wellington or Auckland, to join our incredible team and be an integral part of the Stuff whanau.
This is a fast paced role where no two days are the same. Reporting into the People & Culture Director, some of the things you'll be responsible for will be:
- Developing and implementing our Health & Safety and wellbeing framework
- Ensuring that the business is compliant with legislation and offers best practice initiatives for all of our staff
- Maintaining and monitoring a national reporting system
- Developing action plans and return to work programmes
- Influencing, coaching and educating all of our staff in health & safety and wellbeing matters
To be successful in this role you will need to be passionate about people and their wellbeing as well as have extensive knowledge and experience in:
- NZ health & safety at work act and ACC legislation
- Proven success in managing the health & safety and wellbeing function in a large business
- A strong track record of influencing and working alongside all levels in the business
- Conducting corporate audits and creating return to work plans
- Success in developing and reviewing initiatives to promote health and safety improvement strategies across the business
- Being a strategic thinker
Some of the benefits with us include:
- Flexible working opportunities
- Medical insurance
- Opportunity to work for a company that truly values diversity and inclusion
- Access to an excellent employee assistance programme
- A generous parental leave policy for any employees that are the primary or secondary carer
- Staff discounts on renowned papers and magazines including NZ House and Garden
Stuff is a collection of print and digital-first products and services that connect Kiwi communities to the stuff that matters, the stuff they love and the stuff that brings us together, every day. We are proud to be New Zealand's leading media organisation, connecting with over three million New Zealanders every month across our platforms.
Find out more at: about.stuff.co.nz
Think you can do the job? Then apply and start your journey with Stuff today. Applications close Sunday 15th September.
Stuff embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and is committed to creating a workplace which reflects the incredibly diverse customers, audiences and communities we serve.
Disclaimer: Stuff does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Stuff is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.