Heritage Hanmer Springs is a beautiful, landmark hotel located in the heart of Hanmer Springs village in North Canterbury, just 90 minutes' drive from Christchurch. The hotel has 63 rooms and features Isobel's Restaurant which offers a quality dining experience. The hotel also provides a unique and memorable wedding or conferencing experience.
Key skills include:
- Previous housekeeping experience - 1 year in a supervisor role preferred
- Good computer skills, knowledge of Room Master or similar
- A good level of spoken and written English
- Excellent leadership and staff management skills
- A valid driver's licence to drive in New Zealand
- Flexibility to work shift work including public holidays and weekends
- Excellent health and fitness
The successful applicant will be assertive and reliable, with excellent communication and organisational skills. This role is to support the Housekeeping Manager. It is a position of responsibility, so previous Housekeeping experience is essential.
As Housekeeping Supervisor you will be required to manage staff and coordinate the Housekeeping activities in the absence of the Housekeeping Manager. You will be required to work rostered shifts (including weekends and public holidays). As this is a very "hands-on" role, you will need to be physically quite strong, as role involves physical work as well as supervising.
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens, have proof of NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.