KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and is one of the world's leading professional services organisations. We provide audit, tax, and advisory services to private individuals, SMEs, multi-nationals, and Government agencies.
KPMG New Zealand has a growing reputation amongst KPMG member firms globally for strong staff engagement anchored in a clearly articulated vision for the firm – “fuelling NZ’s prosperity.”
In order to deliver on this vision, the firm must attract, develop and retain the very best of staff and create a workplace environment in which all will flourish. To help us to achieve this, we are looking for a talented and motivated HR Advisor to join our People, Performance and Culture (PPC) team for a 12 month fixed term maternity cover role. The Advisor has a vital role to play in working directly in the division to build better business leaders enabling the delivery of the firm’s vision.
- In this role you will partner directly with leaders within the firm to drive a meaningful people experience and delivery of business strategy.
- If you're looking for an opportunity where you can learn from talented HR practitioners and take the next step in your career, this is the role for you!
- Provide a high level of service, advice, guidance and coaching to managers and partners on people related matters including employment relations, performance development, culture and people experience, quality and risk and change management
- Utilise technology to assist in capturing, communicating and analysing information across the business
- Become a trusted advisor and influencer to our managers and partners
- Participate in firm-wide PPC strategic initiatives
- Successfully deliver both BAU and ongoing strategic initiatives
- Collaborate with our Talent Acquisition and Learning and Development teams to support internal clients needs
- Contribute to people focused projects with an emphasis on innovation, efficiency, effectiveness and providing excellent customer outcomes
- You'll have a generalist HR background with a relevant tertiary qualification in HR
- A working knowledge of HR practices and New Zealand employment legislation
- The ability to quickly establish, build and maintain strong working relationships
- Strong influencing skills and ability to interact with divisional leaders
- You'll have a growth mindset and continuously strive for personal development
- Flexibility and judgement to adapt approach to suit a wide variety of stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A positive, can-do attitude
- An inclusive and collaborative manner
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.