Heritage Hotel Management operates Heritage, CityLife and Heritage Collection Hotels within New Zealand. At Heritage Hotels our focus is on delivering The Heritage Experience (T.H.E.), which promises guests an exceptional and personalised experience every time they stay with us, focused on sleep, eat, work or play. Our values are Honesty, Ownership, Passion and Empathy: these values define us as an organisation and are what we measure ourselves by, as well as the attributes that we look for in all of our employees.
We are seeking an HR & Accounts Administrator based at the CityLife Hotel Wellington, reporting to the hotel manager. This role will be perfect if you are interested in both human resources and finance, and are looking for a busy and varied role working in a small tight-knit team.
What will you be doing:
In this role you will be responsible for varied HR-related administrative tasks including:
- day to day HR such as recruitment, training, health and safety and maintaining staff records
- regular reporting to the Group HR Manager in Auckland.
- assisting managers with general support for all their team-related needs.
- overseeing our staff recognition programme, arranging staff celebrations and our community and sustainability initiatives.
You will also assist with accounts for the hotel, looking after both accounts payable and receivable, checking invoices and conducting stock takes. You will liaise with the Finance team based in Auckland, and collate financial documents for them as required.
To succeed in this role you will:
- bring at least 1 years’ experience ideally in a similar role, with excellent administrative skills and great attention to detail.
- demonstrate your ability to manage confidential information and build great relationships within a team
- have strong numeracy and IT literacy skills
- have some knowledge of New Zealand employment and H&S legislation.
- be professional in both written and spoken communication.
As you may also be called upon to assist the hotel operations, some front of house skills and experience would be very well regarded but are not essential. You will also need to be flexible with hours of work as hotels are not a 9-5 job!
In addition to a competitive remuneration package, we can offer other benefits including discounted accommodation and complimentary staff meals, the chance to be part of a committed team who enjoy community and social events, and an opportunity to grow your skills and knowledge.
Applicants for this position must have NZ Residency or a valid NZ work visa.