- 12 month FTC - parental leave cover
- A business partnership opportunity where you will have impact and influence
- Modern Highbrook location, park at the door!
Don't miss your opportunity to join our high achieving and supportive team!
About the role
This exciting opportunity is a 12-month FTC covering parental leave. As HR Business Partner you will engage with directors and managers to support the delivery of workable, best fit solutions to achieve organisational outcomes. Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, you will deliver operational excellence in all aspects of talent management with a focus on ensuring organsiational capability so that we can achieve our strategic objectives.
- Build and maintain effective relationships to establish credibility as a strategic partner and trusted advisor
- Proactively identify people related business needs, resolve issues and provide the calibre of HR support that builds capability in all aspects of the people side of the business
- Provide high quality, best practice and efficient Employment Relations support; support managers in their Collective Employment Agreement negotiations
- Design and deliver HR solutions and interventions (workforce planning, performance and talent management, engagement etc) that foster a productive and sustainable organisational culture
- Lead the delivery of HR projects e.g. diversity & inclusion and well-being
- Coach managers to develop the competence and confidence required to perform their people management responsibilities effectively
- Drive a collaborative, innovative and values based culture and a culture of coaching for performance and productivity
- Tertiary qualification in HR management or equivalent
- 8+ years HR generalist experience preferably in a medium to large organisation
- In depth HR generalist knowledge and sound judgement including significant experience in ER and best practice talent management
- Experience with ER negotiations and building sound relationships with Unions
- Ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships, developing trust and credibility with managers and staff
- Commercially astute with the ability to implement pragmatic solutions
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong project management skills, able to prioritise effectively
- Experience implementing organisational development and/or learning and development initiatives preferable
What we offer
- A senior business partnership opportunity to enhance your HR career
- An opportunity to initiate change and showcase your skills and expertise
- Work for an iconic brand with a strong social conscience
- Diverse & inclusive culture that fosters work-life balance
- Staff buying rates across all products
We sell so much more than pens and paper! OfficeMax is a leading supplier of complete workplace solutions. Our diverse offering spans office supplies and stationery, education products, health and hygiene services, café, technology solutions, office furniture and fit-outs, packaging, print solutions and more!
Customers trust us for our quality products and excellence in distribution; this is evident in our continued dominance of the New Zealand office supplies industry.
OfficeMax recognises working in diverse teams allows us to continually learn and grow to meet the needs of our people, our customers, our suppliers and our key partners. We thrive in an inclusive environment where we have the ability to offer flexibility and focus on our wellbeing.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Lynley Baker, Recruitment Consultant on 09 279 7633.
If you want to be part of a high achieving and supportive team and pride yourself on customer service, click apply now attaching your CV and cover letter.