Heritage Hotel Management operate Heritage, CityLife and Heritage Collection Hotels within New Zealand. Our focus is on delivering The Heritage Experience (T.H.E) which promises an exceptional and personalised experience every time a guest stays with us. Our H.O.P.E. values of Honesty, Ownership, Passion and Empathy define us as an organisation. We measure ourselves by these values and are attributes we look for in all of our employees.
CityLife Hotel Auckland is seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager to join our Management team. You will report directly to the General Manager but also be part of the wider Group Human Resources team with a dotted line reporting to the Group Human Resources Manager.
- Broad generalist Human Resource support to the hotel including recruitment, coaching and mentoring managers, employment relations, management of our HR policies and processes, and ensuring compliance with all NZ employment legislation
- Updating and delivering our training modules to ensure the continuous development of our key asset - our people
- Responsibility for Health and Safety, including processes, training and reporting
- Supporting, developing and mentoring the hotel management team and staff initiatives
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a generalist Human Resources role
- Experience working in a values-based culture and delivering HR projects focussed on this
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to maintain absolute confidentiality and relate to a diverse group of staff
- Proven experience in delivering and developing training, with the ability to assess its benefit to the staff and business
- A strong knowledge of NZ employment legislation, including the Health & Safety at Work Act
- Proficient IT skills and financial literacy, ideally with some knowledge of budgeting
- Previous experience as a Human Resources Manager within a hotel environment is highly desirable but not essential
- A tertiary or higher degree in an HR-related area will be highly regarded
- Commitment to strong business ethics and personal integrity
If you are successful, we can offer you the opportunity to work within a hotel group with a proven record and excellent reputation, where you can take ownership of the HR function. We offer a competitive salary, car parking, staff meals and hotel accommodation benefits, as well as support for professional development. As we are a 24/7 business some flexibility with hours is required including working very occasional weekends.
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence. Applicants for this position must have NZ Residency.