What you will be doing:
Do you have a passion for Instructional Design, know what good design looks like? Would you like to put that passion into an award-winning Learning and Development team?
In this role you will be responsible for developing and motivating our small and tenured Instructional Design team. You will primarily focus on leading our team of designers and liaising with key stakeholders to ensure their vison becomes a functional reality. Managing several projects simultaneously the job jar is full, so you will need to be a whiz with project management as well as understanding when to work with our third-party suppliers.
We like to think we 'are different', so you will be working in an organisation that allows you to express yourself, experiment with new ideas and challenge current methodology. We are a people focussed organisation that provides the appropriate resource for L&D to deliver beyond our people's expectations, and you will have the tools you need to deliver an exceptional experience - think VR, AR, video, you name it we will have a go at it if it improves the learning experience.
You are passionate about Instructional Design and will apply your extensive leadership knowledge, creativity and experience to ensure that we deliver innovative training solutions to our people.
- Ensure the team deliver training solutions to the business aligned with our strategy and purpose
- Identify skill and competency gaps within AAI
- Utilise instructional design methodology
To shine in the role:
As an already accomplished L&D expert you will also have proven experience in managing small teams. Your strengths will sit with the ability to create highly engaged and performing teams. Alongside this you will be no stranger to Instructional Design, being able to create engaging solutions focused around long term behaviour change. Alongside this you will have the following attributes:
- Demonstrated people, process and management skills
- Experience in coaching and developing people
- Ability to multi task while maintaining quality
- Experience in designing and facilitating training
- Ability to work with your stakeholders and provide creative individual solutions
What makes AA Insurance a great place to work?
For starters we are not a stuffy insurance company; there are no pinstriped suits and ties here! Our genuine culture truly makes us a great place to work - one of the best in fact. For the last 10 years we have been a finalist in the IBM Kenexa Best Workplaces.
From the get go you are provided with what is needed for you to put your best foot forward. We work in a supportive team environment where differences are encouraged, and there are plenty of ongoing opportunities for you to continue to grow and develop. We are breaking the mould of insurance, so come and join our award-winning team.
- Generous annual salary reviews and bonus schemes
- Flexible working; lets talk about what that means to you and see how we can make this a reality
- We are a firm believer in growing our people from within, so career opportunities are limitless
- An award-winning wellbeing programme that includes mindfulness courses and yoga right here in the office.
- Fantastic discounts on our insurance products and at a number of retail outlets
Who are we?
AA Insurance is a proud New Zealand company offering general insurance to Kiwis. Spanning over 20 years, we have grown to be the 'Most Trusted Insurer' as voted by New Zealanders from Reader's Digest. All our products have been developed right here in New Zealand with everyday Kiwis in mind.
If you want to be a part of our award winning team and you believe that you have the skills outlined above, click the Apply button and include your resume and cover letter by 19th January 2020.