KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and is passionate about providing the best audit, tax and advisory services to clients.
Our business advisors in KPMG Enterprise assist owner operated businesses to reach their goals. With over two thousand organisations, our clients range from retail businesses to national trusts, from leading agriculture companies to manufacturers and government departments to personal investment portfolios.
KPMG Enterprise offers the following services:
- Preparation of regular financial information
- Consultancy in restructuring, financing, valuation, sales and ongoing business interests
- Future planning
- Monitoring of legislative and economic changes
- Advice on international issues
- Outsourcing and secondments of accounting staff
- Payroll and debtors management
- Tax compliance and filing of returns
Our team is growing both across our various services. We have capacity for the right candidate with a compliance background to join us as an Intermediate Accountant or Senior Accountant.
- Technical processing of annual financial statements and tax returns
- Assisting with data gathering and knowledge transfer
- Build technical compliance competence to work on increasing levels of complexity/additional service lines
- Deliver quality technical compliance work, and support the development of others within the team in the delivery of this work
- Carry out financial modelling, cash-flow forecasts and budgets
- Formulate solutions to client problems and issues
- Continue development of capability to deliver technical compliance work of increasing complexity
- Contribute to the high performance of the team by suggesting innovations (technical & process) to enhance the delivery & value of technical compliance work
- 3+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- Experience with complex annual accounts, tax returns, financial modelling, cash-flow forecasts and budgets
- Undergraduate degree or undertaking tertiary qualifications in relevant subjects e.g., accounting, finance, or qualified by experience.
- Provisional membership of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand or Certified Practising Accountants (Australia), with progression through the technical and capstone modules
- Competent and literate with the following packages: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational/time management skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Professional approach to work and strong client focus