An exciting opportunity exists for a driven and proactive internal communications consultant to join a hybrid "Internal Communications and Creative" team. This will be a maternity cover role, initially 3 months, and likely to be extended for another 3 months following.
The set-up is really unique. This fun and dynamic team of approximately 10 people operates like an agency (taking briefs, developing strategies and plans, concepting creative ideas, developing collateral, and executing on plans and ideas), serving a portfolio of clients within a key organization that's responsible for global Leadership Development and Learning & Development. It's essentially a comms + creative agency that exists within a giant tech company.
Location isn't an issue - you can work from home anywhere in New Zealand or from the Wellington/Auckland offices. The team spans from North Carolina to New Zealand and interactive meetings and working sessions are made possible through collaboration technologies. The person you report to is also New Zealand based, so you definitely won't get lonely.
Your key responsibilities will include the following:
* Creating insightful comms strategies and comms plans to support the roll-out of a wide variety of HR programs, events and technology platforms to 70k+ employees
* Developing thoughtful and engaging content and comms packages that align to our high-level storyline and connect with our target audiences
* Writing and editing a variety of engaging copy for a range of channels (articles, presentations, emails, web, etc.)
* Developing an understanding of market trends and client needs
* Building strong stakeholder and partner relationships
* Project Management of your own deliverables
* Minimum five years' experience in a relevant communications role
* Big picture/strategic thinker who is also willing and able to execute the work
* Experience in writing for a range of mediums and channels - articles, video, presentations, web
* High-levels of proactivity and an ability to deliver in a dynamic environment
* A proven ability to juggle and meet multiple deadlines for a range of projects at once
* Enjoys building relationships and is interested in collaborating with a mix of people - SME's, strategists, art directors, videographers and web developers
* Strong relationship management and influencing skills
* Good attention to detail and strong execution abilities
* Strong writing and editing skills with a good command of grammar
* Great attitude and a strong work ethic
* Highly organized with some Project Management abilities - if you're not an organized person, this role isn't for you
* Applicants will be expected to provide samples of their comms work.
* Change communications experience a bonus but not essential.