- Shape this role, make it your own
- High visibility externally
- Fast paced, dynamic environment offering huge variety
As a publicly listed company, Heartland’s shareholders are one of its major stakeholders. The key focus of this role is to implement and manage a proactive and responsive investor relations programme for Heartland.
Be part of a specialist financial services group that is listed on both the NZX Main Board and ASX under a Foreign Exempt Listing. The group comprises operations in New Zealand and Australia which continues to experience strong growth. In New Zealand, the group owns a registered bank that focuses on ‘best or only’ banking products in three key markets: Household (which includes investment products, consumer lending, reverse mortgages and motor vehicle lending); Business; and Rural. In Australia, the group owns a specialist provider of reverse mortgage loans and also provides funding to partners in the Small Business and Consumer Lending sectors. Group strategy includes a focus on digital distribution channels where it can provide innovative products in niche areas within the household, business and rural sectors.
- Implement and manage Heartland’s investor relations programme including investor road shows, one-on-one investor meetings, participation in investment conferences, engagement with analysts and brokers, trading and investor tracking and monitoring of analyst and media coverage
- Conduct in depth analysis of Heartland’s share register composition and peer group analysis to determine Heartland’s optimal share register composition and targeting of investors accordingly
- Be involved with the preparation of Heartland’s financial results announcements and reports
- Liaise with Link Market Services to ensure dividend payment, and dividend reinvestment programme is efficiently delivered.
Is this you…
You have strong stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to influence at all levels. You are experienced in the banking sector, or an NZX listed company. With integrity, you have a collaborative working style. You’re agile and resilient, and work with a sense of urgency.
Keys to your success will include:
- NZX experience
- Experience in investor relations, finance, legal, marketing or public relations preferred
- Strong Excel modelling skills
And this is us…
We challenge the status quo and deliver radically better customer experiences by providing innovative ‘best or only’ financial products in niche markets that are under-serviced. Digital origination and digital insights are core to our strategy. We’re straight up, we care about our customers and we thrive in a fast paced and agile environment.
The Heartland team are super welcoming and have some great social events, working in Newmarket you’ll be never short of somewhere to grab lunch and travel is made easy with public transport and parking options. We offer all the good stuff- with benefits including life insurance, trauma insurance, income protection insurance and subsidised medical insurance to make sure you are well looked after.
We have a fast paced rapid change work environment so agility, grit, resilience and a sense of urgency is valued. We challenge our people to think laterally and to shake things up as we drive at pace to achieve and then exceed our goals.
Opportunities in this field are rare, apply now!