- Manufacturing or Production Supervision experience
- Stainless Sheet metal experience
- Analytical, Process and Continuous improvement focused (Lean)
Our client is a specialist in the light fabrication of Sheetmetal. They are a "jobbing" shop, creating custom items to the customer's design. Their build team, two specialised facilities and 47 years of experience gives them the ability to respond to any client request. They design, quote, fabricate and install, offering a complete turnaround service. My client's investments in experienced staff, top-notch facilities, and state-of-the-art machinery means they are the engineering shop that can do it all.
They are seeking for a driven Laser Foreman to facilitate the organising, planning, resource allocation to the laser shop. You will also need to have good computer skills and can work to a high level of accuracy and quality.
To be successful, you will ideally be from a sheet metal production background, with proven production experience.
As a minimum you will have experience:
- Operation of Laser Centre in a manner the Laser Manager directs
- Organise materials for profile cutting on Lasers
- Organise staff for effective and efficient use of plant in the Laser centre
- Plan work in advance for all Laser staff on laser centre work shop floor
- Optimise operation time of laser cutting machines
- Organise the dispatch of all material/outwork and scrap metal from the laser centre
- Manage building security at the start and through until the end of the day
- Uphold H&S policies of the company, take responsibility in an around the laser workshop
- Provide temporary cover to Laser Manager when required.
- Training of others in the use of laser cutting machine
- To Drive a Zero Harm culture
This is a great opportunity to be an integral member of a high performing Production team and team culture within the company. On offer is a competitive remuneration package that will reflect your skills and abilities and the chance to forge a career in a well-respected company.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
To be considered for this position please apply online and attach a current CV and any relevant employment related certificates or for further information please contact Jayatri Chandra on 09 583 1502.