Are you someone who has a solid grasp of analytics, can speak the same language as data teams and has a passion for translating customer analytics into insight to meet business opportunities?
Perhaps you are an analyst (marketing, operations or finance) who loves storytelling and business strategy and are keen to take the next step toward your career as an insights manager. Or, you might be an insights generalist who’s keen to work more closely with analytics to create actionable stories and meet customer needs.
Whatever your background – if you’re motivated by the idea of generating customer opportunities and solving business problems through telling data-based stories – we’d love to talk to you.
The role of Lead, Customer Analytics and Storytelling helps achieve Suncorp New Zealand (SNZ)’s strategy by working with teams across the business to translate data and analytics into compelling insight stories that help improve customer experiences and achieve business outcomes.
Reporting to the Manager Insights & Experimentation, you will work with a wide range of stakeholders. These include the Chief Data Office, the Customer Marketplace leadership team, portfolio design teams, as well as an external team of customer insights analysts.
Key accountabilities for the role include:
- Turn analytics and data (from a range of sources) into stories and actionable opportunities that help the business meet customer needs.
- Own the operationalisation of SNZ’s customer data model (including understanding the different parameters of the data), and actively identifying opportunities for use cases.
- Manage end to end analytics/insights projects as required.
- Translate hypotheses about customer opportunities and questions into technical briefs for data analysts.
- Tell the story about how different groups of customers are behaving, using customer data models and other data sources.
- Bridge the knowledge gap between technical and non-technical stakeholders in conversations about customer analytics opportunities and insights.
- Identify opportunities to automate analytics and reporting processes to create more time for insight generation.
- Lead components of preparation and commentary for Board and senior executive teams on key customer metrics, to inform and drive business performance against strategy.
- Generate ideas for exploratory insight, and advocate for opportunities identified.
- Develop usable customer metrics that support SNZ’s customer strategy and forecast targets for these.
The successful candidate will relish the opportunity to work with various teams across SNZ to drive actionable insights. The role provides a great blend of stakeholder engagement, insight generation, communication and analysis.
What we are looking for:
- Passion for working in a customer-focused area
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- in a marketing, financial or operational analyst role;
- or in a more general insight-based role, but with a solid understanding of data and analytics.
- The ability to engage senior stakeholders and technical stakeholders effectively
- The ability to get across multiple data options quickly, and to understand which data lenses to consider when looking at an insights opportunity or problem
- The ability to view the world through the lens of business strategy and customer opportunities, as well as through quantitative data parameters
- An excellent understanding of how quantitative data structures work
- Strong organisational and commercial acumen
- Someone who is a proactive self-starter, detailed, confident engaging with a range of stakeholders, a competent collaborator and driver of change
- Great at communication and storytelling
Suncorp Group is home to some of Australia and New Zealand’s biggest and most trusted names in insurance, including market leading brands Vero and Asteron Life. This is a place where you can make a difference in our customers’ lives through the work you do. We are down-to-earth, open and our focus is firmly on what you do, not when and where you work. Outcomes matter. Positively impacting the community is important to us.
Why work for us:
This role works within a talented, highly motivated and diverse team. We care about delivering brilliant experiences to customers and are focussed on action rather than theory. With a strong focus on strategy execution, our team is afforded autonomy and accountability in their day to day work. It’s about demonstrating measurable outcomes and deliverables, not hours worked. On offer is a competitive remuneration package, recently refurbished workspaces and if you are seeking a long term sustainable career, Suncorp will provide you with the tools to develop your career and invest in the future.
What we also offer:
- Discretionary annual bonus
- 50% discount on Vero insurance products
- Flexible leave of up to 4 days per year, in addition to annual leave
- Flexible work arrangements embracing a healthy work/life balance
- Discounted medical insurance through Southern Cross
- Flexible benefit $250 annually for gym membership or hobbies
- Flexible career break opportunities
- Opportunity to join the employee share plan
If this sounds like you, apply online today.
Advertised: 22 Jul 2019 New Zealand Standard Time
Applications close: 21 Aug 2019 New Zealand Standard Time