KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and is one of the world's leading professional services organisations. We provide audit, tax, and advisory services to private individuals, SMEs, multi-nationals, and Government agencies.
KPMG is focused on fuelling the prosperity of New Zealand. By prosperity we mean shared wealth and lasting wellbeing for all New Zealanders. We believe that by helping New Zealand’s enterprises succeed, the public sector to do better, and our communities to grow, our country will also succeed and prosper. This is more than a goal - it’s our reason for being.
- An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Auckland Corporates and Enterprise Audit team. If you are an experienced Auditor with strong communication skills, a confident management style and a passion for staff development, we have the perfect role for you.
- Audit assignment preparation, supervision and completion
- Prepare a wide range of audit assignments of a complex nature and/or higher risk and non-routine audits
- Undertake strategic analysis
- Plan overall work requirements of an audit
- Identify business and audit risks
- Assess effectiveness of client processes and controls
- Complete or delegate specific sections
- Act as a client resource for technical knowledge and advice
- Recommend ‘value-added’ solutions to clients
- Anticipate future client needs
- Ideally 5 years post qualification experience working to a senior level within the 'Big 4' environment
- High level of technical exposure
- Prior staff management experience is essential
- A strong technical and analytical skills with an ability to express views and ideas articulately both written and orally
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and excellent time management skills
- Accounting systems and group reporting experience
- The vision to participate in strategy setting and marketing of accounting advisory services at a management level
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.