Suncorp Group is home to some of Australia and New Zealand’s biggest and most trusted names in insurance, including market leading brands Vero and Asteron Life. This is a place where you can make a difference in our customer’s lives through the work you do. We are down-to-earth, open and our focus is firmly on what you do, not when and where you work. Outcomes matter. Positively impacting the community is important to us.
Due to some recent changes in the team, we now have a fantastic opportunity for an outstanding candidate to join us.
The role of the Manager, Financial Accounting & Reporting will see you lead a team that ensures that the monthly financial accounting processes and external financial and regulatory reporting for Suncorp New Zealand are delivered to a high standard. With a large team supporting you, your strong people management skills will come to the fore.
- Leading, coaching and developing the team to high performance and creating a team environment which is seen as an attractive career opportunity.
- Ensuring that accurate monthly financial accounting and month-end close processes and reporting are delivered on time and to a high standard.
- Ensuring that annual external financial reporting is delivered to a high standard of technical compliance and within required timeframes.
- Managing the external audits.
- Providing technical accounting advice on the application of accounting standards to new transactions and projects.
- Ensuring that all regulatory reporting and tax compliance returns are prepared accurately and in accordance with required timeframes.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years post-qualification experience including significant financial reporting experience, with the ability to demonstrate development of in-depth technical accounting knowledge relevant to the role
- Degree qualified and have obtained a CA or similar professional qualification
- Demonstrate strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to work with many stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Why work for us:
This role works within a talented, highly motivated and engaged team. On offer is a competitive remuneration package, stunning and recently refurbished workspaces and if you are seeking a long term sustainable career, Suncorp will provide you with the tools to develop your career and invest in the future.
What we also offer:
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Flexible leave of up to 4 days per year, in addition to annual leave
- Positive, inclusive team environment where we welcome individuality and celebrate diversity
- Flexible work arrangements embracing a healthy work/life balance
- Free life, salary continuance and trauma insurance cover
- Discounts on Asteron Life, Vero, Southern Cross medical insurance
- Flexible benefit $250 annually for gym membership or hobbies
- Flexible career break opportunities
- Opportunity to join the employee share plan
For additional information about the company click on link below.
If this sounds like you, apply online today.
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Applications close: New Zealand Standard Time