KPMG is focused on fuelling the prosperity of New Zealand. By prosperity we mean shared wealth and lasting wellbeing for all New Zealanders. We believe that by helping New Zealand’s enterprises succeed, the public sector to do better, and our communities to grow, our country will also succeed and prosper. This is more than a goal - it’s our reason for being.
Our KPMG Enterprise division helps owner operated businesses reach their goals. Our clients range from local businesses to international companies that have businesses in New Zealand. We also work with a number of clients in the not for profit sector and have a strong presence in the high net worth / family trust sector.
- Our Enterprise team are seeking an experienced Accountant who enjoys really understanding the complexities of privately owned businesses, problem solving and a willingness to think through different perspectives. This role will involve working directly with clients, delegating and coaching a dedicated team to deliver technically excellent work in a commercial and practical way.
- Day to Day you will:
- Prepare a wide range of financial requirements of varying complexity, with supporting work papers that are accurate and comply with all legal requirements
- Independently analyse and contribute to the resolution of complex accounting and tax issues that result in client satisfaction
- Lead and manage teams and help to grow team capabilities and drive efficiency
- Build client relationships and attendance at client meetings as required to discuss business issues and solutions
- Have the willingness to undertake business development activities, an ability to identify opportunities and build on internal and external networks
- To hit the ground running in this role, you will have:
- A CA qualification or equivalent with at least 5 years experience in a New Zealand Chartered Accountant environment
- Proven technical experience in a public accountancy firm or corporate financial reporting environment
- Previous management experience and expertise
- Demonstrated high-level technical and analytical skills and knowledge over a period of time
- A high degree of client interaction as well as staff supervision, coaching and development
- A strong client focus and work ethic is essential as is the ability to develop sound long term relationships with KPMG management, staff and external clients
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.