At Trustpower we are proud to say that our roots stretch back almost 100 years and we've remained 100% New Zealand owned and operated. We are one of the largest companies on the NZX and our reputation for innovation is showcased by our new Head Office, which is designed around the concept of Activity Based Working; a creative way of working which promotes flexibility, and enables collaboration between individuals and teams.
You will be joining the Retail Markets Insights & Analytics team as a Markets Analytics Specialist (data engineering). The Analytics team is responsible for using analytics and modelling to gain a deep understanding of our customers and markets, delivering insights that enable the wider Markets team to deliver superior propositions to the right customers, in the right way at the right time. We also support the wider business by providing analysis that enables more informed decisions.
- Develop and maintain data structures are easily used and optimised for advanced analytics and modelling
- Develop solutions to pull in large volumes of structured and unstructured data from many sources, with the automation of data retrieval and transformation
- Identify and answer questions using analysis and modelling, providing insights that result in development of customer solutions and propositions that align with Trustpower's acquisition and retention objectives
- Support successful campaign delivery through data delivery and analysis
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and profitability
Skills and Experience
We are looking for a Markets Analytics Specialist (data engineering) who has initiative, is a fast learner, has a passion for creating and maintaining data pipelines in order to leverage the power of data, and can work both individually and in a team. Along with:
- Advanced reporting skills
- The ability to drive process improvements and system changes
- The ability to challenge decisions and question the status quo
- Problem-solving ability
- Ability to communicate with both analysts and non-analysts
- Bachelor's Degree in quantitative field, and 2+ years relevant analytical experience
What's in it for you?
At Trustpower we pride ourselves on being an employer who can offer development and support with a strong, innovative culture. You will carve your own path with the support of your team leader and team. This is a great opportunity if you are looking for a change or maybe your first role out of University. As well as you will also get to work with some outstanding people!
If this sounds like you, check out the position description and apply today. Please call Virginia Wigley on 021 683 045 if you have any questions. Applications close Friday 15th February 2019.