Trustpower is one of the largest companies on the NZX and our reputation for innovation is showcased by our new Head Office, which is designed around the concept of Activity Based Working; a creative way of working which promotes flexibility, and enables collaboration between individuals and teams. At Trustpower we are proud to say that our roots stretch back almost 100 years and we've remained 100% New Zealand owned and operated. We are one of the largest companies on the NZX and the fifth largest energy generator with a range of hydro schemes across New Zealand.
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer with leadership, collaboration and relationship building skills to join our Engineering and Development team. The Mechanical Engineer will develop, maintain and enhance our mechanical systems and equipment and deliver quality projects for our broad and diverse portfolio of generation assets.
- Lead core engineering and specialist programmes and projects for mechanical and rotating plant and equipment
- Lead and coordinate mechanical engineering services, support, advice and assessments
- Manage minor projects through scoping, tendering, execution and wrap up.
- Manage multiple work-streams with scheduling emphasis given to minimizing lost generation, maximizing revenue and reducing risk.
Skills & Experience
Your ability to connect with people will enable you to develop and maintain good professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You will have reliability engineering experience in power generation or heavy industry along with:
- A relevant engineering qualification
- A strong understanding of mechanical systems and rotating equipment for generation plant
- Knowledge of condition monitoring principles and techniques for mechanical and rotating equipment
- Strong analytical skills and able to interpret data to inform decisions and mitigate risks.
- High level of collaboration and influencing skills
- Advanced interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
What's on Offer?
At Trustpower we pride ourselves on being an employer who can offer development and support with a strong, innovative culture. Working closely across the Generation team you will receive great exposure to different areas across the business, and grow your skill set along the way. We offer a competitive salary package and exciting assets to work on.
So if this sounds like the opportunity for you, then we invite you to review the position description and apply today! If you have any questions about this role, please contact Tim Syme via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone on 027 839 5927.
Applications close Sunday 9 June, 2019.