KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
KPMG Deal Advisory has a longstanding presence in the New Zealand market as a top 3 M&A advisor. Globally, KPMG are consistently ranked as the #1 mid-market M&A advisor by Thomson Reuters and therefore has an unrivalled international network that supports the local team during cross-border transactions.
- The Auckland team have a busy pipeline and are seeking an Analyst to assist with the execution of M&A Advisory mandates and join a well-respected team.
- Supporting team members in key M&A deliverables (e.g. Information Memorandum drafting, management presentation drafting, valuation papers, financial modelling, preparation of pitch materials)
- Supporting team with overall M&A process management
- Buyer research, industry research
- Supporting team members on buy-side roles
- Supporting administrative requirements of the team
- Significant client interaction and involvement encouraged from day 1
- 1-3 years of corporate finance / investment banking / advisory experience
- Postgraduate studies / CFA / equivalent well received
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Self-starter and proactive working style and ability to deliver
- Genuine interest in M&A transactions
- Collaborative approach with colleagues
- Pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- Creative thinker and team player
- Ability to develop a trusted and respected working relationship with clients
- Rounded background and non-academic achievement of interest
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.