Stuff is seeking an experienced News Director to help drive the daily news agenda for New Zealand's biggest new site and for the Auckland newsroom.
Day to day, you'll be responsible for driving content and playing a key leadership role in the Auckland news team.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting and advancing Stuff's commitment to journalistic excellence
- Commissioning and publishing high quality, relevant content to our audiences
- Collaborating with key editorial staff across Stuff's newsrooms and verticals
- Working with the Chief News Director to help lead the newsroom team, effectively managing and mentoring staff with a focus on work performance and professional development.
To be successful in the role, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Expertise in managing large teams of journalists
- Significant experience in a leadership role in a digital newsroom
- Deep understanding of what kind of content works online
- Media law training and qualification
- Journalism qualification
- Experience using digital analytics software
- Competent at planning and commissioning content
Benefits of working with us:
- Opportunity to work for a company that truly values diversity and inclusion
- Medical insurance & Kiwisaver
- A strong reward & recognition programme
- A generous parental leave policy for any employees that are the primary or secondary carer
Stuff is New Zealand's leading multimedia company and home to the country's #1 news and entertainment site, stuff.co.nz, and the world's largest per capita neighbourhood social network, Neighbourly.
Think you can do the job? Then apply now and start your journey with Stuff today.
Stuff embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and is committed to creating a workplace which reflects the incredibly diverse customers, audiences and communities we serve.