Trustpower generates renewable electricity through more than 35 hydroelectric power stations located around New Zealand. We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Operational Technology Team. This role has been created to bring additional manpower to a growing work stream.
You're an OT prodigy. You're the kind of engineer who thrives on creative challenge, learning new systems and asking "What if?" questions, yet you realise it takes time and effort to understand complex environments. You're somewhere between an experienced junior engineer, and someone who's part of the furniture, but you're not an old hand in this game.
You come to work every morning with a gleam in your eye, and leave each night with a massive string of wins behind you. You're a team player, you make work fun, and you can bring the serious 'A' game when the stuff goes down.
You like taking ideas, improving them, and delivering solutions that make people's work lives easier. You have "Yoga Master" level flexibility when it comes to finding ways to approach and execute projects.
You live for SCADA, HMI's, PLC's, Industrial Cybersecurity, complex operational networks, and you're OK with working in some of the most incredible places in New Zealand and to boot, you also don't mind being based in one of Tauranga's most impressive workplaces.
Why don't you sharpen up your CV and tell us why you deserve to be at Trustpower?
- Development and improvement of a complex OT system (networks, platforms & solutions)
- Undertaking Planned Maintenance of OT devices
- Provide 24/7 support in a rostered on-call service
- Engage with multi-discipline teams to deliver fully developed systems
- Some travel required
Skills & Experience
- Experience with Operational Technology systems and platforms (Rockwell and Schneider preferred)
- A qualification in Electrical or Computer Engineering with proven experience in complex distributed industrial environments
- ICS Cybersecurity awareness is essential
- A high degree of emotional intelligence, good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work cross functionally at all levels of the business and with multiple stakeholders
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Marty Rickard, Delivery Manager - Operational Technology, on 027 405 1468.
Applications close 4pm, Friday 25 January.