Our team in Gore is looking for a qualified and experienced Paramedic or EMT to join us on a fixed term contract starting mid-May until mid-August, 2019. This opportunity will see you working Monday - Friday with an on call component each day.
We are looking for individuals who are adaptable and can settle into our teams with ease, work alongside paid and volunteer staff and provide a high level of care to our patients.
Your role will involve:
- Delivery of outstanding professional patient care
- Playing an active role in the training, coaching and mentoring of staff
- Providing a high level of contribution to the territory through allocated portfolios and tasks
- Complying to all policies, procedures and protocols
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- A current St John Authority to Practice at EMT or Paramedic level
- Excellent operational and clinical performance to date
- Excellent driving record
- Have maintained your volunteer and/or casual commitment throughout your journey with St John to date i.e. a minimum of one 12-hour shift per fortnight
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus
- A genuine commitment to the wellbeing of others
- The ability to work under pressure
- Evidence of CCE
- Demonstrated behaviours that align with St John's core values - Do the right thing, Side by side, Straight up, Make it better, Open minds
Please note: all appointments are subject to satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks including, but not limited to, drug testing, physical assessment and health check.
Applications close: Monday, 29th of April
For more information please contact Jan Douglas, Territory Manager, on 0800STJOHN
Please submit your CV and application letter outlining your skills and experience by clicking "Apply Now"
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
Haramai ngā tai o te āniwaniwa, he kāhui rangatira tēnei, he kāhui whakamana tāngata whaimahi, e te iti, e te rahi e.